1) The suggestion that I print out all of my collages and hang them in an unused gallery space (i.e the space at the front of the Camberwell building when disused between shows) was an excellent one. Currently my collages exist in sketchbooks and online.
2) The suggestion that I need to deepen my research ‘to allow me to see patterns’ within my practice
1) When discussing the interactive piece I was making for the interim show Fran said that she’d seen ‘lots of this kind of work before’ and ‘it looks like something that belongs in the science museum’. I didn’t feel that this was constructive criticism.
2) Similarly when viewing my Noir loops the only feedback I received was ‘loads of people are doing stuff with film’. Again, not that helpful.
3) Her ideas for my interactive piece ranged from the odd (‘I did a workshop where all the ladies had to show the contents of their handbags’) to the downright bizarre (‘ask everyone to give you a piece of their hair’). I was nonplussed by the direction that the tutorial had taken and ended it.